Monday, December 30, 2019



I've just finished a 4 month stint with White Metal Games here in Knightdale, NC.  They had me writing blog posts and hosting a bi-monthly podcast where I got to talk about gaming miniature painting, as well as conducting interviews and mixing the occasional pre-produced skit or audiodrama piece.  The company is going to close its doors due to financial concerns in the coming year, so my bit ended as of tomorrow.  However, they were EXTREMELY good to me, and gave me some good experience as a podcast producer.  As well, I'll probably upload the skits I did to my youtube page.

Casting continues apace for Transmetropolitan 1 - 3.  I've got a lot of good submissions, but in the fight to stay alive and solvent, I've had trouble getting to them of late.  That and some issues with my pre-amp.


My ART Tube Project Series pre-amp has been acting quite curiously and frustratingly.  As I progress with a piece, I'll start at about -15 db, and my peaks will hit around -8 or -6 db.  However, as I get into a session, I'll notice that the waveform is lowering in volume after about 2 to 3 minutes.  My input gets progressively quieter until I'm around -23 to -25db with peaks in the -18 range.  Or more to the point, quiet enough that my listener would have to strain to hear.



However!  I have an older ART Tube amp that I'm thinking of trying.  A non-USB one that might do the trick if there's not feedback from what's probably a powered microphone jack on the laptop.  I also have a Mackie Micro Series 1202 12-channel Mic/Line mixer I might be able to use that might even be better still for what I'm working.  I've got the wires, and I may try that tonight to see if I can get it all working again.  Better still, if I can, I may be able to get recording in a way that I can start sending audition pieces to some Charlotte area talent agencies.  (Talent One is no longer working out.)  So here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment